Comprehensive Master Plan (2016)
Nyack is a village that strives to:
- Value its rich historic assets and walkable neighborhoods and the diverse and creative culture that has grown from them.
- Enhance its Hudson River water front as a vital and attractive resource that should be fully accessible and enjoyed by all.
- Strengthen its vibrant downtown community to help current businesses thrive, attract new investment and visitors and provide economic opportunities for Village residents.
- Protect neighborhood character while creating housing opportunities for a wide range of people, including seniors, young professionals, low-income individuals and families, and the disabled.
- Create an economically sustainable and resilient community capable of balancing the socially and environmentally interdependent needs in a lasting way, prepared for and adaptable to the impacts of climate change.
- Nyack’s Comprehensive Plan seeks to protect and enhance its historic and residential neighborhoods; facilitate revitalization of the downtown, waterfront and gateway areas; and chart a path toward a more sustainable and resilient future.
To download a pdf of the 2016 Nyack Comprehensive Plan, click here.